Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Research and New Store

I got my 1-3 times a month e-mail from celiac.com today. Lots of good information was given out, including exciting new research dealing with a "cure" for Celiac.

We've got enyzeme reseach that could provide a pill to help with cross-contamination.
http://www.celiac.com/articles/21530/1/A-Sweet-Pill-For-Celiacs-to-Swallow-Progress-on-Enzyme-Therapy-for-Celiac-Disease/Page1.html

They are also looking at a peptide therapy that could be a "cure". I'll be honest I didn't really understand what a lot of what they were saying but it made me excited to think that there is a cure on the way. http://www.celiac.com/articles/21531/1/Durum-Wheat-Peptide-Could-Lead-To-Celiac-Disease-Treatment/Page1.html

Now if you are wanting gluten-free pizza and have a Meijer store in your area, it's on it's way. Starting April 1, they will start carrying Gluten Free Fabulous pizza. I live in Kansas and we don't have a Meijer store. I have heard though that Hy-Vee carry lots of gluten-free products and I'm planning to do my grocery shopping there this weekend.

No comments: