Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I know I'm a little late on posting this, but I'm a busy girl and sometimes don't get here as soon or as often as I would like. We ventured out for Valentine's this year, ok we go out every year but since he's been following the gluten-free diet, eating out is an adventure.

Where did we go? We went to Outback Steakhouse. I've only eaten there twice prior to that night. Why did we go there? They have a gluten-free menu. Yes a whole menu just for the gluten-free person in your life. It was awesome. We asked for a gluten free menu when we were sat and here comes one out that looks just like mine for him. They must have alerted our waitress because she was on the ball. She asked me if I would still like bread. Not only that but there was a boo-boo, Paul's salad came out with crutons, he normally just picks those off. When she saw the crutons she took it back, got him a totally new salad without. We didn't eat dessert there, even though they have a flourless brownie sundie that the pan is dusted with sugar. I was stuffed and didn't want dessert so Paul headed over to Cold Stone Creamery. By pure accident one night I found a pdf file of their allergians. We promptly saved that file and he added it to his PDA phone.

I don't know if businesses understand the importance that little things like that can mean to a person who suffers from something like Celiac. We have found a few, and I promise to blog about each one, and they are now our regular hot spots. It sure makes life easier.

No comments: